The Conservation Foundation is in search of a qualified candidate to oversee our conservation efforts in Kane and Kendall Counties. This person will:
1.) Provide the necessary leadership to manage and implement TCF’s programs and priorities in Kane and Kendall counties, particularly along the Fox River, in the areas of land conservation, river and watershed protection, sustainable development, education and outreach, and Conservation @ Home.
2.) Establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, county Advisory Councils, local units of government, and stakeholder groups that lead to successful community-based conservation.
3.) Help build public support for TCF and its programs that lead to increased membership and funding.
Full Time, Exempt Position
Dickson-Murst Farm, Montgomery, IL with some local and regional travel
- Implement key strategic priorities in assigned counties that further TCF’s mission and make a meaningful impact in local communities; seek assistance from county Advisory Councils.
- Provide feedback, constructive evaluation and suggestions for changes on what the priority programs should be based on working experience in assigned counties.
- Share your expertise with other TCF County Directors in helping them advance their priorities.
- Establish the required strategic relationships in assigned counties that are necessary to successfully implement TCF’s programs and community partnerships. These would include, but are not limited to, local and county governmental agencies, county Advisory Councils, other conservation related groups, business and economic development organizations, homeowner’s associations, farm bureau, landowners, and any other groups that impact the mission of TCF.
- Work with the Advancement Team to help increase public awareness and support for TCF in assigned counties.
- Work with the Advancement Team to help increase TCF membership and funding in assigned counties.
- Work with local news media to promote TCF’s work in assigned counties; be a media resource.
- A deep commitment to local community, land and watershed conservation and TCF’s mission.
- A strong leader and self-starter that requires little supervision and is able to independently set daily activities that will further the goals of the initiatives.
- A good public speaker and ability to use computers effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of successful working experience in the environmental, conservation or related fields.
- Expertise in at least one of TCF’s main mission areas.
- Ability to work within the political climate of assigned counties.
- Proven ability to learn and work with technical information and to work and communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including volunteer groups.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and collaborations with other organizations.
- A pleasant and outgoing personality with effective persuasive communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit welcomed.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work Schedule
Please direct all resumes and questions to Brook McDonald, President/CEO at