- This event has passed.
Fall Market & Music Fest
September 10, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Fall Market & Music Fest
Sunday, September 10th
1:00 – 4:00pm
Our Fall Market & Music Fest brings together two of our community’s favorite events at McDonald Farm – Music on the Farm and our annual Green Earth Fall Community Market! Visitors can explore all the wonderful things happening here on the farm, including Green Earth Harvest’s delicious organic vegetables, our farmshare program’s local farm partners’ fruit, bread, oats, grains, eggs, milk, meat, and specialty flowers, along with other local businesses showcasing their market goodies and tasty treats. Tours of McDonald Farm will be offered along with conservation, nutrition and canning mini-workshops, children’s activities, and, of course, live music and a food truck!
Our partners include:
- Hufendick Farm: Locally and humanely raised meats, milk, eggs, and soups (1:30-4pm)
- Flat Tire Farm: Benton Harbor fruits and apple butter
- Sweet Pea’s Stems: Specialty flower bouquets with flowers grown at Green Earth Harvest
- Brian Severson Organics: Grains, oats, popcorn, and baked goods
- nook & crumb: Sourdough bread creations
- JL Honeybee Farm: Wildflower honey from the hives at McDonald Farm
- A Drop in the Desert: Non-profit which funds fresh, locally grown produce for in-need families
- Flourish Juice: Cold-pressed juices, smoothies, coffees, and lemonades
- Fernando’s Street Kitchen Food Truck: Cooking up delicious Mexican street-food specialties for all to enjoy
Music on the Lawn:
- 1:00 – 2:00pm: Live music featuring Naperville’s Bach to Rock students
- 2:00 – 4:00pm: Live music by Triple Replay Band, an acoustic guitar and vocal harmony group, bringing you a variety of your favorite tunes from all genres!
Tours & Mini-Seminars:
1:00pm Conservation@Home Seminar (45 minutes)
Learn home gardening practices that are beneficial for building good soil and conserving water!
2:00pm Conservation Tour of McDonald Farm (45 minutes)
Learn about McDonald Farm’s rich history, prairie and wetlands restoration, multiple gardens, sustainability projects and more!
2:00pm Introduction to Canning with Connie Kollmeyer from The Conservation Foundation (30 minutes)
Learn about water bath canning, its process, and equipment needed to get started!
3:00pm Organic Farming Tour (45 minutes)
Tour McDonald Farm with our farm manager to learn the ins and outs of how we organically grow 40+ crops and feed our community!
3:30pm Functional Nutrition & Food Workshop (30 minutes)
Learn valuable insights into achieving better health and happiness through a functional approach to nutrition!
Support provided by: