There will always be more nature in need of preservation and restoration.
And the end of the year is a great time to capitalize on the tax benefits of charitable giving, especially in 2020.
We are here to help you meet your tax goals and fulfill your personal commitment to saving local nature!
You can still make gifts up to
and beyond the years’ end!
- Now is a great time to donate appreciated stock. Appreciated stocks and bonds may be gifted to The Conservation Foundation. There are very favorable tax benefits for individuals who elect to donate stocks owned more than 1 year. Donors can deduct the full current market value as a charitable contribution and avoid paying capital gains tax on the appreciated value. Please consult your tax advisor for specific information. To get started, contact Brook McDonald at 630-428-4500, Ext. 112 or click here to email him. There is still time to give by the year’s end for tax purposes!
- Did you know the CARES Act allows taxpayers taking the standard deduction to deduct up to $300 per filing household for cash charitable contributions made to qualified 501(c)(3) charities during 2020, excluding donor-advised funds, private foundations and supporting organizations? The Conservation Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and our FEIN number is 23-7221206.
- If you itemize on your taxes, you can deduct donations to charity, but your ability to deduct those gifts has historically been limited based on your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). This year – 2020 – that limit is essentially 100% of your AGI. Those who are able may want to consider bundling their giving – make two years’ worth of gifts this year and itemize.
- Does your employer provide matching gifts? Due to the ongoing health crisis, many companies are increasing their philanthropy and encouraging their employees to do the same through their matching gifts program.
- Some useful information about giving to The Conservation Foundation:
~Our FEIN number is 23-7221206
~Our mailing address is: 10S404 Knoch Knolls Rd., Naperville, IL 60565
~Our office phone number is: 630-428-4500