Wherever you are in the process of creating an environmentally-friendly yard, you can join the Conservation@Home program. After you join, we will get in touch and help you take the steps you need to get Conservation@Home certified. $50 minimum donation required.
Benefits of Joining Conservation@Home
Benefits of Joining Conservation
We think directly helping nature in your neighborhood is the best reward from joining Conservation@Home, but there are other benefits to joining the program:
- Complimentary yard consultation by The Conservation Foundation staff. We’ll visit your yard to give you advice and ideas on how to reach certification.
- Conservation@Home sign upon certification to display in your yard and let others know that you’re helping the environment, right at home.
- Access to native plants. Many native plant nurseries only sell to retailers and not direct to consumers—we can help get access to these plants that most people cannot.
- Facebook Group of likeminded people who are also transforming their home landscape. Here you can share photos, stories, and native gardening advice.
- Support for The Conservation Foundation’s mission to preserve and steward nature locally, where you live and work. You get a 1-year membership to The Conservation Foundation when you join the Conservation@Home program.
Ready for certification?
View the checklist to see if you meet most of the criteria for Conservation@Home certification. You do not need to meet every item to be certified. Overall, it should be obvious that you’re landscaping with beneficial native plants, supporting wildlife, and conserving water, with rain barrels for example.
Next, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jim Kleinwachter at 630-428-4500, ext. 115 to set up a site visit to certify your property, or let us know how we can help you meet the certification criteria. We can offer informational resources, access to plants, and referrals to professional services that can help in your journey to becoming Conservation@Home certified.