Our Mission and Vision
Every person, regardless of where they live or their social-economic status, deserves clean water, clean air, and safe access to nature as a way to be healthy and happy.
We envision a sustainable region where, through education and collaboration:
- Protected natural areas provide habitats for wildlife and places where people can enjoy nature forever.
- Public and private partnerships accelerate the pace of land preservation for the enrichment of all.
- People benefit from and enjoy clean and healthy streams, wetlands, and lakes.
- All land development incorporates stewardship of the environment.
- People understand and embrace conservation issues, and act to preserve the environment.
The Conservation Foundation is a recognized expert and reasoned voice on conservation issues and with the help of its members and donors, provides the leadership required to achieve this vision.
Our Strategic Focus
Over the next five years, The Conservation Foundation will continue to strengthen its commitment to be an inclusive, community-based organization with impactful on-the-ground programs and projects tailored to the needs of each community served. This approach will result in:
- Deeper mission impact in our communities
- Local, grassroots efforts that help mitigate the impacts of climate change
- A consistent and expected presence in our communities
- Meaningful and long-lasting relationships with communities and individuals
- A more engaged community in local conservation
- Broader community support for TCF and for local conservation programs
- Communities where conservation is embraced as a core value