The Conservation Foundation and the Kane-DuPage Soil & Water Conservation District invite all area educators, formal or non-formal, to this Project Learning Tree teacher training workshop.
October 18, 2014
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Pilcher Park Nature Center, 2501 Highland Park Dr., Joliet, IL
Learn how to integrate environmental education, Iiterature, math and science into your existing curriculum with nature as your medium.
- Become a Project Learning Tree certified educator at this engaging hands-on workshop for formal and non-formal educators
- Investigate environmental topics with indoor and outdoor activities
- Receive PLT’s PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide, correlated to national and state academic standards including Common Core
- Investigate STEM connections
- Earn 6 CPDUs, classroom resources and more!
- Gain eligibility to apply for $2000 in GreenWorks! grant funds for schoolyard projects.
Cost: $30.00 includes training, snacks and resources.
Participants must pre-purchase the Activity Guide that is available during the registration process
($24.95 electronic download or $29.95 + shipping for printed copy).
Space is limited to 20 participants. Please bring your activity guide, a lunch and dress for the outdoors! Registration deadline is October 10th.
|Click here to register!|
Thank you to our workshop sponsors:
Project Learning Tree (PLT) is an award-winning environmental education program designed for educators working with youth from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8. PLT is a source of interdisciplinary instructional activities to help increase students’ awareness and knowledge of the world around them, as well as their place in it. PLT is place-based education that develops higher order thinking skills, is interdisciplinary, and activity-based. PLT’s PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide contains 96 lessons and is correlated to national and state academic standards. Many lessons contain STEM connections.
Materials are arranged under five major themes:
- Structure and Scale
- Patterns of Change