We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our river and water protection staff part-time to help with education and outreach efforts.
POSITION TITLE: Watershed Education & Outreach Assistant
DUTIES/JOB DESCRIPTION: This person will serve as a part-time member of The Conservation Foundation staff, working specifically with the watershed team. Work will be focused around supporting education and outreach efforts, though opportunity to contribute to technical tasks will be available. Examples of tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Initiate impactful routine contact (digital mailings, phone calls, in-person meetings) to various watershed group members, potential members, and local residents.
• Organize an annual public outreach event aimed at connecting residents with our local rivers (event organization, advertising, coordination with forest preserves and park districts, activity planning, etc.).
• Create outreach messaging, images, and video content for use on social media, webpages, etc.
• Manage multiple watershed websites by routinely updating content.
• Conduct routine administrative tasks such as proof reading, document formatting, database building and spreadsheet organization.
HOURS: Flexible, with an average of 16-20 hours per week.
REQUIREMENTS: Excellent writing and communication skills; experience in education, outreach, and media relations; enthusiastic about creating meaningful content to reach our community members.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of Constant Contact, JotForms, Canva, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and other programs to assist with education and outreach tasks.
COMPENSATION: $12-16 per hour with the expectation of an average 16-20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by March 13, 2019 to: Jennifer Hammer, Watershed Program Manager, The Conservation Foundation, 10S404 Knoch Knolls Road, Naperville, IL, 60565, or by email to email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 13, 2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Jennifer Hammer, Watershed Program Manager, The Conservation Foundation, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (630) 428-4500 x114